August Ryan Kamm was born December 17th 2009 at 6:44pm he weighed in at 8lbs 15oz and 20 and a half inches long! We are so blessed with a wonderful baby and his birthday is the day 9 years ago Ryan and I fell in love. It has held such a special meaning to us for the last nine years and has only gained more of importance.
I was admitted into St. Marys on Tuesday night at 6:30pm for a induction. The Doctor started me on Cytotec that night, I had already been having little contractions and that night started the back labor pains. Ryan was the best partner I could ever ask for, he applied counter pressure on my back (which was a work out haha), did everything imaginable to make this process good for me.
Wednesday morning Grandma Darby and Grandma Kamm arrived at the hospital. I was only dilated to a 2, but have extreme back labor. The Doctor then started me with a another technique that was suppose to help dilate my cervix and started the pitocin drip. Also because of my back labor which I was having a contraction every 2min, I had a epidural started. This was my 1st of 3 epidurals. My body responded to the epidurals for the first 15 min or so then stopped responding. With the 3rd epidural they continually pumped a new "cocktail" into the line every hour or so.
Finally Thursday morning I was dilated to a 4 and they broke my water. By 5:00pm I still made no progress and that is when we decided to go with a c-section. A very good choice for us considering the that August was almost 9lbs with broad shoulders and had the umbilicacord wrapped around him a few times.
The delivery went well and I was up and walking by 6am Friday morning. So far August has been a great, eating enough, sleeping when he should and making large poops when Ryan changes him hahaha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment